Friday, January 7, 2011

a day in my life..

… aarghh... no.... please...

@#^%$^ bang! bang!

Will have to get up now. Would they understand if I told them I dont want to!

Alright enough! Get up! Enough of the weekend mood. These daily struggles make the bread worthy of its butter.

….............................................................................

Swiped in time. Always! God you help me even with my almost zero motivation. It is a big thing! Very big!

Ohh! That cheese of a receptionist! Cant avoid her..

“Good Morning Kamal !” - where did she learn this fake sugary accent from..

“Good Morning Sarika! You look all set for the week!” - God! Why! Why!

“You are always so generous with compliments, but never say Yes for coffee” - as she makes that silly sad-angry face.

Guffaoww! - I just meant over-enthusiastic! Bimbo!

Will take the stairs today. Just cannot start my day with some more plastic.

….............................................................................

It is clean. It is organized. It has my touch... the various cuttings.. and yet.. it is not inviting.

My office space!

Duh! Cannot have it all!

Why do I hate coming here day-after-day. Maybe coz I am not De or gay! Tee hee.. Bad one!

Worksheets are ready for the proposal. Good that I worked during the weekend itself, Monday mornings are really bad initiators. Well, for that matter any mornings!

Though they look good to me, not sure how Dinesh and Ravi would react. They always initially have reservations, but why? I am good, yaa.. they do keep telling me that.. but then why they dont accept my work in the first go?

Hate it! when they scan each word as if I passed my English classes by fluke!

What would they know! I was my English teacher's favourite.. Some life's achievements are beyond contention!

….............................................................................

Lunchtime!

How I hate this outdoor activity! Now I regret not taking those Social-Interaction classes. I bet it could have raised my confidence a little. How wonderfully Vishakha transformed after her sessions. While in college she was such a puny sweet-head and now a complete outgoing and perky version of hers. Though it is a different matter altogether she ended up marrying her Course-Instructor! Am sure he makes her do three-activities before dinner.. after dinner.. before.. tee hee! Devil!

So, lock the screen - Check.

Pick up the cell - Check.

See if all guys are done with – Check

See if Ms Enthusiastic is not around – Check.

Ahoy!

….............................................................................

Goodness Gracious Me! Got The empty seat just here.

Corner seat.. Corner seat.. Lucky Day!

Hello Food! I am back. Let us start eating you. Slowly.. Gracefully.. Sorry Rice! my fingers cannot feel your lovely texture here, at night.. at home.. !

Unless I was friends with my food I would have called it bland. But no names calling amongst friends. Rule is a rule!

Today is indeed a lucky day! Marco Polo arrives only when am almost done. His travelogues are such a pain! Especially for an unlucky dog like me - two-years-no-vacations-survival!

….............................................................................

Oh gosh! Meeting at 3. How it slipped?

Improvising is always a much more tedious task than initial production. Maybe because there is no end to improving. What! As if any amount of work would reduce their frowns to smiles!

How I hate facing them! Better train the new-joinees. At least they look in awe and do not question my pie-charts. They do ask difficult questions! But then it is easy to lambast them with a fantastic theory and then the whole-hearted applause!!

Will have to think seriously over this diversification! As if they will allow me! Duh! Me and my fantasies..

Ok! Ahoy to the conference Hall!

….............................................................................

What was that! They liked it? They liked it.. is it? They liked it!! Yeah!

Oh my! What did I do special to get this today? Is this start to an era… ? Leave that melodrama!

But I am sure it was not just the proposal! Drama Drama! Leave it aside!

I know it was good but then it is always so. They loved it! And I loved their expression. I wanted to repeat the performance just for once. But what is achieved in the first go is hard to repeat. It may not be noticeable to them but surely my life has become a little more worthwhile!

As I survey around, I find this office a little more mine! Monarch!

And would the monarch celebrate his victory? Why not?

“Hey Mani! Come here chappy.“

“Yes Kamal” – ever-eager company event guy.

“Would you do me a favour please?”

“Do command!” – dramatic buffoon.

“Can you get those White Chocolate pastries for the entire BI team? “

“Your wish is my command, Sire!” – as the genie vanished


It is sure lonely at the Top except for such life’s mercies!

Perks of being the CEO! (smug!)

.............................................................................

5 comments:

  1. it was a try at story writing :P
    I guess this is what it sounds(reads!) like!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha.. i thought this would be sorta like a 'beatles song' ( i read the news today oh boy.... from their sgt peppers album )... it turned to be blah blah blah ! meeting ! blah blah blah ! gossip ! blah blah blah ! life is a pain in the arse ! .... still liked it though \m/ !

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Ravikiran: am sorry for dashing your hopes :P
    believe me I loved it when I wrote it and had no clue how it would look to a reader!
    and thanks for liking ultimately:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Submit your blog into http://en.hamarivani.com.

    Hamarivani is an Indian Blogs Aggregator.

    ReplyDelete